A DVD authoring application which creates DVDs from almost any kind of video files (if the necessary codecs are installed). Supports multiple titles with multiple audio tracks, subtitles and a simple menu. It is basically a GUI for a set of free tools including AviSynth, HC Encoder, Aften and dvdauthor.
Version 0.6.2 alpha - released 9 March 2008:
Note: 'alpha' means that this is a very early release and it's presumably still full of bugs - it might occasionally crash or do weird things sometimes. However, if you find it promising, please give me feedback so I can improve the parts you don't like and fix the things that don't work.
For DVDforger, you have to have AviSynth, a video frameserver, installed on your computer; if you don't, DVDforger will automatically install AviSynth when it's first started (of course it asks for permission).
What's new in version 0.6.2:
- Fixed loading project files with unspecified subtitles
- Fixed creating chapters
- Aften updated to version 0.0.8
- HC updated to version 0.22.1
- MediaInfo updated to version 0.7.6.0
- mplex updated to version 2.2.7 from MJPEG Tools 1.9.0rc3
Version 0.6.1 alpha - released 30 August 2007:
Version 0.6.0 alpha - released 28 August 2007:
Version 0.5.0 pre-alpha - released 12 August 2007:
I'm not in college any more, therefore I don't always manage to answer all e-mails within a reasonable time. If you have problems using DVDforger, I'd recommend posting your questions in the forum, where other users can also help.
Other stuff I created
- OGMcleaver - A small application to extract video, audio and subtitle tracks from OGM and MKV files.
- WAVI - A command-line utility to save audio tracks as WAV files from AviSynth.